What would the political world look like if the meeting on the plane between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch, the Attorney General, had not happened? Worse, much worse, the worst, for Hillary?
- The Attorney General would not have had to recuse herself, sort of, at all.
- She would not have had to punt to the Director of the FBI, James Comey
- He would not have made any public announcements and would have reported FBI findings to the Justice Department as is usual.
- The Attorney General would then have had to make the decision about whether or not to indict Hillary.
- Two possibilities:
- Not Indict – Loretta Lynch would be the target of Republican wrath, not the FBI director. That’s much worse for Hillary!
- Indict – Hillary would have to withdraw and any credible Democratic Candidate – Joe Biden is my pick – would be president! Terrible for Hillary! Good for us!!!